Weight Loss Challenge (Week 4)
While the road has been rough at times and smooth at other times, overall, the road has not been what I expected. It has been more fun than difficult, more exciting than dull, more thought provoking than idle sitting and more enjoyable than expected. This journey has provided stimulation upon stimulation. Where we have put our effort into eating and exercising, it has also provided inspiration for work, life and family.
It has given my mother, a 55 year old women that never knew how to swim, and was always afraid of the water, and provided her the inspiration to learn how to swim. She learned in a small pool and was inspired beyond expectation when she reached the end of a 10 foot doggie paddle. While 10 feet may seem like a small distance, to someone conquering a giant, I believe it appears more like a 10 mile swim. All of this to tell you that the weight is important, BUT it has launched other things of equal or greater importance. It is as if the weight loss is but a spark, that has lit many other fires in our lives. I can't wait to see what other giants are conquered as we travel this road.
That being said, the weight loss total for this week is...
Drumroll please...
Peter lost 2.5 lbs (10.5 lbs total)
Dixie lost 3 lbs (11 lbs total)
Thank you to everyone who has commented and sent kind words. Our hope is that this site can become the catalyst for each of you to start whatever important journey you desire. As we each hold each other accountable and share in our victories and learn from our defeats...the road will take us all to beautiful destinations.

4 Comments:
Pete,
Again great words of inspiration!How have I been blessed with a son like you?
I have seen changes in myself on many other levels.I am more open to learning new things such as swimming:)
Keep up the good work this week.You and I have a little more of a challenge this week you being in Las Vegas for a work convention and me on a camping trip, however we shall perservere.
Love mom
Wow you words are truly in inspiration to everyone who reads them.Pete have you ever thought of writing a book.You have truly been a help to me i have lost 18 pounds since June 25, a big thank you .I look forward to reading your blog weekly.Your Mothers swimming coach.:>)
Make that 20 it just seems to be a dream come true,keep encouraging us Peter.I have a long way but am on my way.Thats what counts.Looking fwrd to swimming with your Mom again soon.
Thanks Frannie for the kind words. That is outstanding that you have lost 20lbs!!! Keep up the great work.
Post a Comment
<< Home