Lessons From a Child
I can remember seeing my first child (Cole) lying on his stomach in the middle of our living room crying. He was 5 months old and his little head was struggling to lift up. He kept trying harder and harder to lift his head all while crying loudly. Slowly his head lifted, until finally he could see mommy and daddy sitting right next to him.
The crying suddenly stopped. Why?
Then it hit me, he thought he was alone when his head was down because he could not see us. Then, when he finally got the strength he lifted his head up high enough to see us and in an instant realized he wasn’t alone.
WOW, I sat there and was amazed at the power in this lesson.
How many times have I been depressed or sad because I felt all alone? I would walk around with my head down, unaware of the host of friends and family sitting close to me that truly loved me.
I wasn’t alone, it just seemed as though I was.
In those moments it is so hard to lift your head. It is much easier to keep your head down and cry, unaware of the support sitting so close.
Don’t let yourself lie there. Struggle, grunt, press on, do what ever it takes to lift your head up. See those sitting close to you ready to help, be a support and love you.
This Blog is meant to be a visual representation that your not alone...to be there with you as you fight and struggle to climb the hill that at times seems enormous.
So lift your head...and see all that are so close to you supporting and cheering you on.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home